Community Forum

Was not aware of Hard Pull on credit, please remove.

New Poster

Was not aware of Hard Pull on credit, please remove.

I have been paying for Comcast service as a secondary user on a family member's account for the past year. I've since then transferred service to my own account which basically means I'm opening up a new account for myself. When I went into the Xfinity store, the sales representative asked for my ssn and when I asked why, he said it was to look up my account history and to access available deals for me. Never did he mention there was going to be a hard pull on my credit. This was very deceitful and I am disappointed because I wouldn't have gone with Comcast if I had known about the hard pull. I would like to have this removed from my credit history because this will affect my home loan options. Thank you

Expert

Re: Was not aware of Hard Pull on credit, please remove.

Comcast does not need your authorization to pull your credit regarding a transaction that you initiated since they have a legitimate business need to do so. Nor do they have any obligation to notify you. They should have given you the option of making a deposit though and the employee should have given you correct information. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Was not aware of Hard Pull on credit, please remove.

Hi duyhuynh,  I can forward to the appropriate team to review this credit pull for you and get it masked accordingly.To get started can you please send me a private message with your account information(name on account, address and account number).

Thank you