Community Forum

Warning: 4K Cable Box

New Poster

Warning: 4K Cable Box

Today I contacted a customer care representative through my xfinity login using the call back feature. My call back came quickly, but I was given false information that caused me a major inconvenience. I asked my representative to describe the procedure to swap out one of my voice command xfinity cable boxes for the new 4K box. She informed me that I could either: (1) swap out my old box for a 4K box at my local Comcast Service Center (located more than 30 miles away), or (2) order one online (to be delivered in 5-7 business days). I told her that I was interested in picking one up today at my local service center but that I wanted to make sure that the 4K box was actually available at the service center, since I had seen some customer complaints about people going to pick one up only to be informed they could only order one online. Your representative assured me that she was certain that my local service center was well stocked with 4K boxes. This was false information.

After driving 34 miles, waiting in-line for almost an hour, I was informed that my local Comcast Service Center DID NOT have any 4K boxes. These boxes could only be ordered online. The Comcast Service Center representative (Waukegan, IL) stated that he turns away several people a day who have been misinformed the same way that I was, and inconvenienced the same way that I was.

I find this situation unacceptable. I would suggest that Comcast management inform their telephone operating representatives not to make false promises that the local service center can’t keep. This is an outrageous practice, and I ended up wasting half of my day as a result.
Official Employee

Re: Warning: 4K Cable Box

Hello Unhappy1134. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. I will be passing along your feedback regarding this. Please let me know if you need assistance with anything else.