Community Forum

Wanting to upgrade to Xi6 boxes in bedrooms

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Wanting to upgrade to Xi6 boxes in bedrooms

How do I go about upgrading to our smaller boxes in the bedrooms to Xi6 boxes?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Wanting to upgrade to Xi6 boxes in bedrooms

I took mine to my nearest Xfinity Store.  If that is not an option, you might start with chat - I got mine that way. 

Bottom of the page where it says Ask Xfinity:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/?CMP=ILC:MA:BAU:SUB:COM:HLP:INT55e0877fe16f7

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Expert

adding... do you have a recent model of Comcast gateway/modem with wifi built-in?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Escalated to an Official Employee to help you out and check for compatible equipment

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello chrisjohns03, thank you for reaching out to us here with this concern. I'd be happy to get a new Xi6 sent out to you. To get started could you please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!