Community Forum

Wanted to upgrade to X1 but...

Problem Solver

Wanted to upgrade to X1 but...

I currently have a non-X1 triple play package. I wanted to take advantage of a promotional package that was suppposted to include X1. Unfortunately I was told that my CableCard tuner for my PC would no longer be supported. I switched to the new "X1" package but was allowed to keep my old non-X1 equipment. That means that my service will continue the same as before (no X1 equpment).

Is it true that having an all X1 service will not allow a customer owned CableCard tuner to be used?

Old triple play package:
HD PREFERRED XF BUNDLE (triple play)
Includes Digital Preferred With STARZ, HD Technology Fee, TV Box, Blast! Internet and XFINITY Voice Unlimited

New triple play package:
X1 PREFERRED TRIPLE PLAY
Includes Digital Preferred With STARZ, HD Technology Fee, TV Box, Streampix, Blast! Internet and XFINITY Voice Unlimited

Problem Solver

Re: Wanted to upgrade to X1 but...

Update...

My non-X1 DVR falied. When I went to exchange it for a new one they gave me an X1 DVR.

After I activated the X1 DVR my user owned TV tuner for my PC still worked fine.

I then decided to exchange the non-X1 HD cable box in my bedroom for an equivalent X1 HD cable box.

After I activated the X1 HD cable box my user owned TV tuner for my PC no longer worked.

After a couple customer support calls and a visit from a Comcast tech he suggested I swap out my CableCARD for another one at the Xfinity store. I did that.

After two more calls to customer support my user owned TV tuner for my PC is now working.

Previous calls to customer support only send out a refresh signal. That was not enough.

What was needed was a "pairing" refresh signal to be sent. Even then it took several attempts to get my CableCARD activated properly.

In searching this forum a few other people had the same problem as I had. Activating X1 somehow caused user owned CableCARD TV tuners to stop working. The solution is to find someone at Comcast support at at least tier 2 that understands CableCARDs and can "re-pair" your CableCARD.