Community Forum

Want to upgrade to the XB6 gateway

Frequent Visitor

Want to upgrade to the XB6 gateway

I'm trying to upgrade to the new XB6 wireless gateway.

I tried calling customer support. If they send me a gateway it might not be the XB6.

I want to the my local Comcast store and they do not have any and could not tell when they would.

What's the best way to upgrade my equipment?

New Poster

Re: Want to upgrade to the XB6 gateway

Upgrade to the gigabit internet and have an installer do it. Probably the only way. I worked for Comcast in August, we didn't carry them, but the installers could get them, on a limited basis.
New Poster

I've gone round and round with customer support/stores as well both in December and just yesterday in January. Apparently, the only official way to get it is by upgrading to gigabit service and having a technician install it. If you want to go that route, supposedly you can get it for an additional $50/month for upgrading to that speed and can get it installed for $40. There is also some $99 bundle price/month but not sure what it includes.

I was just looking to improve my home WiFi experience as using range extenders is problematic for me (random internet connectivity problems).

Official Employee

Hello scottcevans8. Currently, what you've stated sounds correct. If you would like a review of the current offers for Gigabit service, let me know. If so, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Also, we have new xFi pods available to extend the WiFi range with a qualifying XB3 modem. Learn more about them here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-pods-faqs