Community Forum

Want to keep services but to downgrade

Highlighted
New Poster

Want to keep services but to downgrade

I called today as I have been a loyal customer for nearly 28 years (Adelphia originally).   My children are off to College and we don't watch TV much anymore to pay $287 per month for triple play.  I wanted to keep Internet and phone line and I called customer service and they said I needed to pay $102 plus $50 for my phone line per month.  We use the phone maybe once a week and this is before taxes they said.  I was hoping to upgrade from Blast to the next highest Internet and keep my my phone services.  I see all the double bundle which was reasonable but this seems about 30% higher than what is out there.  I don't want to cancel the voice entirely but now I am thinking of doing something different with voice like vonage or something just so we can have 911.   Is anyone else finding Xfinity very reluctant to let you cancel?  I was even thinking of the home security but again, if you cancel TV they just don't want to talk to you.  Frustrated and looking for direction.  Thanks

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Want to keep services but to downgrade

I wish you luck with that.I have tried to downgrade and they pretty much said there is no option to downgrade.I pay $170 a month and wanted less channels and even asked about just internet,they said it would be about the same price.This is not acceptable.There should be a way to downgrade.I finally thought I had a little bit better deal almost $20 cheaper,but when I looked at my new bill it is now $180.When you try to call and talk to someone you get a person from India or where ever that can barely speak engish.I am so fed up with the run around and lack of communication.I think I may cancel everything and go with Directv and at&t internet.They are about as lousy but at least their customer service is better and they actually have english speaking people to talk to.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Want to keep services but to downgrade

I'm waiting for a call now, a 15 minute wait has turned into 45. I called on the 10th, as directed by their customer service in Jan., before my newest bill was generated. My bill had raised $5 for Feb. When I called I was given 3 options. 1. keep what I have for $205.3 (total). 2. Get rid of the 4 "new" movie channels and pay $198. 30 (total). Get rid of hundreds of channels and pay $178 (total). I said no, do not change anything but see if I can get that extra $5 off the DVR rental. I was connected to someone supposedly more important, I told him what I wanted and after trying to sell me on a dozen more services he told me there is no promo for the DVR. Now i might mention that both of these people stated my monthly for Feb. and future bills was $205.30. Last bight I get the new bill and its $226.36, they raised my bill $25 without any notification and after confirming that it was $205.30. Same exact plan, but $25 more. Still waiting for that call back.