Community Forum

Want to keep services but to downgrade

New Poster

Want to keep services but to downgrade

I called today as I have been a loyal customer for nearly 28 years (Adelphia originally).   My children are off to College and we don't watch TV much anymore to pay $287 per month for triple play.  I wanted to keep Internet and phone line and I called customer service and they said I needed to pay $102 plus $50 for my phone line per month.  We use the phone maybe once a week and this is before taxes they said.  I was hoping to upgrade from Blast to the next highest Internet and keep my my phone services.  I see all the double bundle which was reasonable but this seems about 30% higher than what is out there.  I don't want to cancel the voice entirely but now I am thinking of doing something different with voice like vonage or something just so we can have 911.   Is anyone else finding Xfinity very reluctant to let you cancel?  I was even thinking of the home security but again, if you cancel TV they just don't want to talk to you.  Frustrated and looking for direction.  Thanks

New Poster

Re: Want to keep services but to downgrade

I wish you luck with that.I have tried to downgrade and they pretty much said there is no option to downgrade.I pay $170 a month and wanted less channels and even asked about just internet,they said it would be about the same price.This is not acceptable.There should be a way to downgrade.I finally thought I had a little bit better deal almost $20 cheaper,but when I looked at my new bill it is now $180.When you try to call and talk to someone you get a person from India or where ever that can barely speak engish.I am so fed up with the run around and lack of communication.I think I may cancel everything and go with Directv and at&t internet.They are about as lousy but at least their customer service is better and they actually have english speaking people to talk to.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Want to keep services but to downgrade

I'm waiting for a call now, a 15 minute wait has turned into 45. I called on the 10th, as directed by their customer service in Jan., before my newest bill was generated. My bill had raised $5 for Feb. When I called I was given 3 options. 1. keep what I have for $205.3 (total). 2. Get rid of the 4 "new" movie channels and pay $198. 30 (total). Get rid of hundreds of channels and pay $178 (total). I said no, do not change anything but see if I can get that extra $5 off the DVR rental. I was connected to someone supposedly more important, I told him what I wanted and after trying to sell me on a dozen more services he told me there is no promo for the DVR. Now i might mention that both of these people stated my monthly for Feb. and future bills was $205.30. Last bight I get the new bill and its $226.36, they raised my bill $25 without any notification and after confirming that it was $205.30. Same exact plan, but $25 more. Still waiting for that call back.