Community Forum

Want to buy service, but no self installation option available.

Regular Visitor

Want to buy service, but no self installation option available.

Hello,

I was a customer of Comcast for a year from 2016-2017. I had a Comcast technician come out and installed a line from the telephone pole to the house, and the internet was all set up with all the fees paid. I ended up moving out after a year because our lease was ending. I cancelled the internet service and moved out. My housemate decided to stay and renew the housing lease. He opened his own Comcast account and bought the internet service for another year. He did not had a technician come out and was able to get a self installation kit. It is now 2018 and he moved out and I moved back in to take over his room. He cancelled the internet and now I would like to sign up for Comcast under my name again.

On the website, as I am trying to check out, I do not see the Self Installation option. When my housemate was here, he had that option and that's how he was able to set up the service. I spoke with someone on the Comcast chat and was told that I need to have a technician come out and install the service. I already had this done 2 years ago; I don't see why I need to do it again because my housemate said there was no issues with the internet service and lines.

What I want is the self installation kit because I will be using my own modem and router. My zip code is 94578 and I am in California.

Official Employee

Re: Want to buy service, but no self installation option available.

Hi jas0nlee,  I can assist reviewing if a self install kit is an available for you.  Please send me a private message with your name and address of the location you are wanting service.

Thank you