Community Forum

Waiting for Comcast to move wires to new pole

New Poster

Waiting for Comcast to move wires to new pole

NES has placed a new utility pole in front of my home. They have also moved thier lines to the new pole and plan to remove the old pole. However they are waiting on AT&T and Comcast to move thier equipment. I have been in commuication with AT&T and they are ready to move thier lines but because Comcast's lines are above them they have to wait.

This process started in May .... that's May of 2016. And yet Comcast has not acted. I believe that 16 months is long enough to wait.

Is anyone from Comcast willing to respond?   

Expert

Re: Waiting for Comcast to move wires to new pole

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello abodsford, I can assist you with getting your Comcast wires relocated to the other pole. Can you please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?

Regular Visitor

I am dealing with the same issue with Comcast. The new pole from Florida Light and Power was put in a few years ago, however AT&T and Comcast never moved their wires to the new pole. Now, this older pole, with the telecommunication wires still attached, is rotting and leaning heavily and the wires are sagging creating a safety issue. My neighbor and I have had at least 5 Comcast employees come out and EVERY TIME, they send a technician that does not have the right equipment, nor are they qualified to move the wires. Every technician states they have escalated the issue and will send the correct team, however every time I call comcast to check, they have no record of an additional service request. This has been such a frustrating and defeating process. After 1 phone call and 1 service appointment, AT&T is ready to move their wires and remove the pole but needs Comcast to transfer their wires first. Can someone please help?????

Admin1

Hi Thyde52 -- I can help get the right tech team to your location. Please send me a PM with your account and address information. 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Frequent Visitor

I too have a new and old utility pole on my property that serves a few area houses.  FPL installed the new pole years ago and relocated their service to that pole.  The old pole is in bad contitiona with its support lines loose.  FPL has not removed the pole because AT&T and Comcast still have servives on it.  When I talk to AT&T they say they will not relocate until Comcast relocates their service.  Please advise how I can make this happen. I am willing to pay.  If services are not recated the old delapidated pole needs to be secured as to be a hazard.

Admin1

Hi spfirman -- I can help get those lines moved over to a new pole. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I'll work with local tech ops to have a job built for line relocation. 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

I'm having the same issue.  Centerpoint installed the poles by my house years ago and I keep getting the runaround with comcast about having their equipment moved.  Did they finally end up moving their equipment to the new poles? My concern is the old pole by my house is now leaning leaning and it looks unstable so it's really a safety concern.  

Admin1

Hi JEROMEBARNETT -- I can help get a crew out to your location to move that line. I received your PM with this same request. I have responded back asking for some authentication information. Please respond back with that information and I'll get this job scheduled.