Community Forum

WHY DOESN'T COMCAST HAVE AN EASY WAY TO REPORT A PROBLEM FROM VISIT TO COMCAST STORE?

New Poster

WHY DOESN'T COMCAST HAVE AN EASY WAY TO REPORT A PROBLEM FROM VISIT TO COMCAST STORE?

Our Comcast account had three devices; a combined modem/router, X1 TV Box and a TV adapter that we no longer needed. (Comcast service in our area is not sufficiently reliable for us to use it for phone service.)
Yesterday I returned the TV adapter to the local Comcast store working with the only sales person in the office area. She had "difficulty with the system" removing the device from the account, but was finally able to create a work order for me to approve removal of the returned device.
Within an hour of leaving the Comcast store, I checked whether TV and internet at the house were working properly.
- When I turned on the TV, it displayed "Something is not quite right" message and directed me to call support.
- When I called support, the automated system attempted to send a refresh signal, but was unable to do so and transferred me to customer service
- A very helpful service rep identified that there was no longer a TV Box associated with the account. Apparently the person in the Comcast office had removed the X1 TV Box from the account without creating a work order for me to approve. I gave the service rep the serial number on the TV box and she was able to work with some other team to add it back to the account.
I looked for a Contact Us option when logged into our Comcast account to report the problem of the TV box being incorrectly removed, but could not find a way to do so on the website. Hopefully, the Forums can tell me how to let Comcast know about this issue.
Admin1

Re: WHY DOESN'T COMCAST HAVE AN EASY WAY TO REPORT A PROBLEM FROM VISIT TO COMCAST STORE?

Hi knittingardener -- Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can create a report for you. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either your account number or linked phone number. I'll be able to see who assisted you with that information. Can you also provide what location you went to please?

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.