Community Forum

WAITING MONTHS FOR SERVICEABILITY ?????

Highlighted
New Poster

WAITING MONTHS FOR SERVICEABILITY ?????

My family moved from Orlando to Philadelphia over a month ago and have been caught up in a serviceability nightmare with Comcast. I've literally called every day to the serviceability team with no luck.  We live in a duplex where my neighbor has comcast but we are waiting on "construction" to be able to set up our service. The customer service people are nice but  they said they have no control over the construction team and no one will take ownership to help us resolve our issue. The place is prewired for comcast so there is literally nothing to do but hook us up but its been over a month and now the ETA has been moved to February. Why is this not considered unacceptable to someone on the comcast team ???? Am I being unreasonable ? We've been without cable and internet for a month ! 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: WAITING MONTHS FOR SERVICEABILITY ?????

I've had the same issue in Chicago.  Moved into a 6-flat where the first tenants had NO problem getting service in the unit above me.  I moved in 2/3/2020 and it's 2/27/2020 and I'm still waiting for service.  The "lockbox" that was needed was installed on 2/24/2020 and I still am told after calling today, 3 days later that my unit is still "unserviceable".  RCN has installed their "lockbox" in the building for another tenant and I can get service with RCN today if I want.  They even called me back trying to get my business. I'm going to give Comcast  today and tomorrow to provide service - if they cannot get their act together I'm going with RCN.  I'm not waiting any longer <Edited>.  I've also filed a complaint with the FCC which I'm sure will do absolutely nothing but make me feel better!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: WAITING MONTHS FOR SERVICEABILITY ?????

@Scott1328 wrote:

I've had the same issue in Chicago.  Moved into a 6-flat where the first tenants had NO problem getting service in the unit above me.  I moved in 2/3/2020 and it's 2/27/2020 and I'm still waiting for service.  The "lockbox" that was needed was installed on 2/24/2020 and I still am told after calling today, 3 days later that my unit is still "unserviceable".  RCN has installed their "lockbox" in the building for another tenant and I can get service with RCN today if I want.  They even called me back trying to get my business. I'm going to give Comcast  today and tomorrow to provide service - if they cannot get their act together I'm going with RCN.  I'm not waiting any longer <Edited>.  I've also filed a complaint with the FCC which I'm sure will do absolutely nothing but make me feel better!

Since you filed with the FCC there is nothing anyone here can do to help you.  You will have to wait until an agent contacts you.

This thread is locked to further replies.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!