Community Forum

Voicemail from (844) 482-6747 claims to be from Comcast. Spam?

New Poster

Voicemail from (844) 482-6747 claims to be from Comcast. Spam?

My voicemail keeps getting messages from a man who claims to represent Comcast. He says that there is a problem with our Internet. Is this a legitimate contact number, or is it fraud that Comcast might want to investigate to save their customers from be hacked or stolen from? The number is: (844) 482-6747. If it's not legitimate, I'd like to report this to the FBI ASAP as harassment and senior fraud. Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Voicemail from (844) 482-6747 claims to be from Comcast. Spam?

Whenever you are unsure about a message claiming to be from Comcast, check with them using the phone number printed on your bill, or one of the methods listed on the official "Contact Us" page at http://customer.xfinity.com/contact-us/. That page should list 1-800-Xfinity (1-800-934-6489) or 1-800-Comcast (1-800-266-2278), and a link for Chat: https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/.

If the regular reps can't help you, try Comcast Security Assurance at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/).

New Poster

We received the same call from the same number.  I have checked this on other sites.  It is definitely a scam.  

New Poster

thanks so much i got the same number and i searched it on DuckDuckgo. should i notify comcast of this? or not?

Official Employee

mjjgav1163 wrote:

thanks so much i got the same number and i searched it on DuckDuckgo. should i notify comcast of this? or not?

That's a legitimate number and call, customer service was trying to call you about ingress in your house that needs repaired. Call in and schedule an appointment and they can verify the notes on your account.

New Poster

So I’ve actually hung up twice on someone who’s actually from Comcast and I actually have an internet speed issue?!! 😳
New Poster

I have been receiving calls from multiple numbers.  Picked up today amd spoke to someone.  She asked if she could run diagnostics in my internet.  Then told me issue couldn’t be resolved and wanted to schedule someone to come to my house for a 60 minute appointment.   I told her to put the info on my record and I would call Comcast using the number in my bill amd schedule.  She replied that wouldn’t work as they wouldn’t have the info and told me i could only schedule through her or a number Ipshe gave me.   I told her i would never accept or schedule a service call in my home from a random number, and I needed verification she was comcast. .   She couldn’t get off the phone fast enough. 

I have called Comcast directly and been told there are no issues with my service

so please help me understand how these are legitimate calls?

this is NOT the way to handle proactive issue resolution if this is legit.