Community Forum

Very slow internet speed despite paying for 150 meg service

New Poster

Very slow internet speed despite paying for 150 meg service

Recently contacted customer support via phone regarding billing to a new promotional bundle and to complain about low speeds. The new package appeared to be no problem but the tech support agent couldn’t fix the speed. We did several hard resets and she claimed to be sending a flash on her end.

Please help - our average speeds on most tests and < 5MB/s
Image.png
New Poster

Re: Very slow internet speed despite paying for 150 meg service

How do I get a response from a Comcast employee?
Regular Visitor

So just for clarification, you are getting 44 mbps which is megabits per second, and that is 5.55 MB/s which is megabytes per second.  There is a difference between the two, megabits are smaller than megabytes. Though admittedly you are getting a pretty low speed for someone subscribed to up to 150 mbps.  You should call tech support and request a technician come out for your speed being slow.  They will test everything to see if anything is going on and how to fix it if need be.  It's important to remember that not all areas can get exactly the top speed you are subscribed to.  Many things interfere with internet including household electronics.  Also, you may want to change the channel you are on for your broadband. For example, if you're on channel 48 and so are your neighbors, its going to slow down.   Download the xFi app and look into your advanced settings to change that.  

Valued Contributor

Are you testing on wifi, or connected to the modem via ethernet cable? You are rated for speeds UP TO 150 Mbps, but many things can factor in not receiving that level that is not possible for them to fix. Have you had a technician out to check lines and equipment? I am sure tech support offered to send one.
Official Employee

Hi @K_aeder

I can help look into this. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the account number or phone number associated with your services. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!