Community Forum

Valid contact or Fraudulaent contact?

Regular Visitor

Valid contact or Fraudulaent contact?

Today a Voice Mail from caller ID "Comcast (800) 266-2278" was left on my home telephone numer.  The Voice Mail transcript is...

"Hi this is Comcast executive relations if you could please return our call. The question about a cable line. We are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM Saturday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. You can give us a call at our toll free number 1-888-966-7534 and your ticket reference is 499-9229. Thank you so much have a great day. Bye bye."

I get very large numbers of Robo/Phishing/Fraud calls, some with the Comcasted Caller ID spoofed.

Howerver, I do have a line issue and have been waiting to here about a potential dig.  I will not call any number but a company's main customer service number, in this case, 1-800-Comcast (266-2278), which I called.

The CSR I talked to:

• Could not find any appointments nor indication that someone was trying to contact me.
  • Cound not find 1-888-966-7534 in their directory of internal and customer service numbers.
  • Did not know any department called Executive Relations.
  • Could not find ticket number 499-9229.

And...  the CSR advised extreem caution...

I'm a retired networ/computer exec with a security backgraound.  I decided to call the above number at 3:45 PM, knowing that I had a good chance of getting VM...  I called, it sounded tlike a comcast ACD, but when it tried to connect me to a rep, I received  a message that said "Keystone ESL is not available"....  At least that is what I think it said after calling the number 2xs....weird.

However, I did find the telephone number listed on Comcast letterhead that was field with the FCC by a Comcast Executive Relations executive.  Plus I have found a reference to the Keystone office of Comcast Executive Relations on the Forums.

So...  Is this a valid voice mail from Comcast, or is someone trying to rip us off?

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Valid contact or Fraudulaent contact?

Hello, Dutchman5898!

Thank you for reaching out to us. There is a Keystone ESL department and it seems like the ticket reference number is actually an extension. Have you tried to call again?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes....  I called during the stated hours and got a general voice mailbox....  I left what I was told was a ticket number and asked for the normal support process to be followed.  In the past, I would get an e-mail or phone call and could call the standard Comcast Customer Support Number.  They could check my file, confirm what was going on and either transfer me, and/or confirm the telephone number to call.  

That was a few days ago.  Haven't heard anything. 

I will try again and let you know what if anything happens.

Official Employee

@Dutchman5898 wrote:

Yes....  I called during the stated hours and got a general voice mailbox....  I left what I was told was a ticket number and asked for the normal support process to be followed.  In the past, I would get an e-mail or phone call and could call the standard Comcast Customer Support Number.  They could check my file, confirm what was going on and either transfer me, and/or confirm the telephone number to call.  

That was a few days ago.  Haven't heard anything. 

I will try again and let you know what if anything happens.

Ok, that works. If you aren't able to speak with anyone, let us know and we can try to contact the agent on your behalf and coordinate another contact attempt. Just send a private message with your first and last name. 

To send a Private Message, click on "Comcast_Support” and then click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I did reach Executive Relations on Saturday. They are working on the dig issue. Thanks for the help. Although it would be a lot more efficient if the CSRs knew about Executive Relations and Executive Relations documented their activity in the customer's account, making the info available when the customer called the published Customer Service numbers.