Community Forum

VISA gift card expired

New Poster

VISA gift card expired

I used up all the balance on the gift card before it expired but I returned one item one several weeks later. Walmart refunded it back to this card. Can I have a renewal of the expired gift card with the remaining balance? 

Expert

Re: VISA gift card expired

@wuyaming wrote:

I used up all the balance on the gift card before it expired but I returned one item one several weeks later. Walmart refunded it back to this card. Can I have a renewal of the expired gift card with the remaining balance? 

Unfortunately not.  Once the card has been used, it's not able to be renewed for the balance remaining.  Sorry.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Understood, thank you Again.

Valued Contributor

WalMart should be able to fix this, and give you the return amount in cash since you have the receipt. (They typically ask how you want it returned, in my experience) Just take the card and receipt(s) back in and let them know what happened, and they can fix it at their customer service station.
Expert

@JLDOOBLY wrote:
WalMart should be able to fix this, and give you the return amount in cash since you have the receipt. (They typically ask how you want it returned, in my experience) Just take the card and receipt(s) back in and let them know what happened, and they can fix it at their customer service station.

Or, maybe not.  Since they've already made one refund, they may not make it the second time as that would be considered a double refund on the same transaction.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!