Community Forum

VERY LARGE utility box being installed in my yard.

New Poster

VERY LARGE utility box being installed in my yard.

One month into a new house and this happens! I came home from work Friday to find this in my front yard.  I hope this is some sort of mistake, as there are NO OTHER homes in my subdivision with anything like this.  I looked up permits online, and dont see one for this installation.  If I’m not mistaken, local codes require a permit for electrical hookups. From the pic, it its going to have an electric meter installed!  I believe local codes require this to be buried in residential areas or minimal in size. This is not!  I  don't think its within the easement. I'm pretty sure this goes against our community covenants and restrictions, HOA, etc...The list goes on!   On Monday I plan to pull the my plat and go to the municipality for more information as well.  If everything checks out, Id love to discuss better placement or at the very least moving the electric meter. This thing awful! 
Anyone know how I can contact comcast on this? Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
IMG_13481.jpg

New Poster

Re: VERY LARGE utility box being installed in my yard.

fyi...Comcast has reached out to me on this issue. I'm currently working  with them throught a different channel now.  

Expert

Re: VERY LARGE utility box being installed in my yard.

Locking this thread.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!