Community Forum

Usage warning spam

Regular Contributor

Usage warning spam

Does this really need to be shown over and over? I've seen the warning at least 50 times in the last 3 days and if often breaks the underlying web sites. It came up another 5 times just while trying to post this message.

Dear XFINITY Customer,

You have reached 90% of your 300 GB monthly data plan for your XFINITY Internet Service. As of 04-29-2016, you have 30 GB remaining for this calendar month.

Problem Solver

Re: Usage warning spam

zoycan wrote:

Does this really need to be shown over and over? I've seen the warning at least 50 times in the last 3 days and if often breaks the underlying web sites. It came up another 5 times just while trying to post this message.

Dear XFINITY Customer,

You have reached 90% of your 300 GB monthly data plan for your XFINITY Internet Service. As of 04-29-2016, you have 30 GB remaining for this calendar month.

Soon you will not have to worry as Comcast is upping the threshold to 1TB.  I agree this shouldn't pop up as much.

Expert

zoycan wrote:

Dear XFINITY Customer,

Once you log into your account and acknowledge the warning, it will go away.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Contributor

Pressing the "CLICK TO CLOSE" button isn't considered acknowledgement? I'm already logged in. Where do I go to "acknowledge the warning"?

Expert

You'll have to forgive me, I think I gave you incorrect info. At one time you had to log into your account to acknowledge the warning and make it go away, it dosen't seem to be the case anymore. 

Anyhow......

These folks deal with data issues:

Customer Security Assurance 

• Business Hours: 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week

FWIW you may be stuck on the proxy server that injects the warning HTML. Some have reported a reboot of the modem fixes the problem. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Contributor

It's still happening on May 1st after restarting the modem. It pops up in other browsers too, which means it's not a cache issue. Comcast needs to fix their bug.

Dear XFINITY Customer,

Problem Solver

It go according to billing cycle.

Regular Contributor

Are you sure? The XFINITY Internet app says my usage is less than 1 GB and shows past usage by calendar month, not billing cycle. The number shown in the warning also corresponds to the traffic recorded by my router for the calendar month. The warning itself says calendar month:

Dear XFINITY Customer,

Problem Solver

I'm not 100 per cent sure. But typically that's how it works.  See if it resets after your next billing cycle.

Gold Problem Solver

fpirelli wrote:

It go according to billing cycle.

It resets the first day of the month. (this has always been the case although it could have been changed to service dates)

Note what is in the message posted:

It says   calendar month. That would be the first day of the month to the last day of the month.

Mine always resets to 0 on the first of the month.

Regular Contributor

Queen-Evie wrote:

Note what is in the message posted:

It says   calendar month. That would be the first day of the month to the last day of the month.

That's what I said. Regardless of when the counter resets I shouldn't see the popup 200 times.

Admin1

zoycan -- Your data usage refreshes at the start of each month, not when your bill cycles. If you are still receiving this message, please contact our Security Assurance team. Their contact information was provided by nerdburg in a previous post. 

New Poster

Sorry, but back up here a bit. There is no way to adjust my preferences in my Settings for this push notification alert. Isn't it a complete and total violation of my rights to privacy that you did not get my permission to send me push notifications on my computer and don't allow me to turn them off? This feels like big brother is watching, or like someone went through my underwear drawer. I don't want to see a push notification on my screen that I didn't authorize. To charge you $10 for another 50GB of data and not tell you to your face when you sign up that a) your data is limited and b) that you'll get charged extra is also not okay.

NotificationPreferences.jpg