Community Forum

*Urgent* Orange Cable Run - Re-Bury to proper depth

Frequent Visitor

*Urgent* Orange Cable Run - Re-Bury to proper depth

Hello,

We had comcast service installed on our new construction home last Sptember. The orange cable was burried on our property. However, it was only barried a couple of inches (done by hand). In fact, I can grab the cable because it sticks out of the ground in spots, and pull it out of the ground completly if I wanted.

I am having excavation work done VERY soon and this cable is a serious issue as it was not properly burried to begin with. I am reaching out to see what can be done to have this cable properly buried (at least 15 inches or more)? Its possible its easier to run a new cable and just rip the old one out by hand since you can theoretically do that. 

I do know this gets contracted out to third parties in my area, but I would need to have this done as soon as possible. I would also want to make sure whoever comes to re-bury (assuming we can get someone in time), that they understand it needs to be burried to a proper depth and not just a couple of inches by hand. 

Any help in getting this resolved as quickly as possible would be certainly appreciated. Thanks!

-Aaron

Frequent Visitor

Re: *Urgent* Orange Cable Run - Re-Bury to proper depth

Nevermind. Bought my own RG-11 cabled and buried it myself. Thanks....this can be closed or deleted.