Community Forum

Upgrading internet

New Poster

Upgrading internet

Been trying to upgrade my internet from 150 mps to 1000. I am not seeing any changes and my plan is still the same. What should I do?
Expert

Re: Upgrading internet

Hi @Tanktyme

Go to http://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com and log in. On the left-hand side, it should display your current speed tier. Is it still showing your old speed tier? Is your modem capable of 1 Gig? You can check here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Approved-Xfinity-Modems-and-Gateways/m-p/3109887#M28...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I moved a few miles away , using my personal modem (I had with Xfinity for 5 years now ) and supposed to be Blast up to 150 mbps , I only get 70-80 at best dl 12-15 up  , wireless is 35 dl  to 0 up after the third attempt by three different techs , bypassing all the old wiring , new filter , I bought my own splitter 2 -way etreme , new coax all around , short leads as possible , 2 PCs , 1 Xbox1 and I have ALWAYS had speeds 150-175 consistently till now .... Oh plus I had to pay 70 bucks for the pro installation (I had everything hooked up correctly as usual before the first tech came out ) and its still half  speed ...what is the problem that people have to pay for things on your end ? Even if its on Xfintys end ? You still pay the 70 dollars , I have had cable and "internet" for a week out of the 3 weeks I have been here .... I owe 200 from a previous bill and I owe 397.00 total by the 29th? For what ? No service at all for 2 weeks , and 70 for a unprofessional  install , because the speed is consistant with/without splitter(straight to personal modem of the wall)  its a approved Arriss  SBG6580 , and like I said , its coming straight from the pole or the box on the side of my building , they have replaced everything there except the building itself but I cannot get help on the phone after endless calls , I am a single dad and dont have time or money for this . Any help would be appreciated   And yes my Pc has a GB card with a hard wired connection , and my Modem is more than capable of running it , always has .

Official Employee

Hi, Pops944. I want to help! I can look into available promotions for you. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!