Community Forum

Upgrading Internet Speed

Regular Visitor

Upgrading Internet Speed

I am at a loss for words with the reps either online or phone. I was told online that I could upgrade my internet speed to a Gigabit speed, but told I had to call to make the change. I called and was told I cannot upgrade my internet speed even though it is available in my area. The only way to upgrade my speed is to remove TV? This makes no sense, so xfinity will lose money for me to upgrade my internet speed? I can't seem to get a clear answer as both online and calling always gets a different answer. Can someone please clearify or help me.

Thank you

Official Employee

Re: Upgrading Internet Speed

Hi arche4335. We apologize for any confusing information you previously received. I can assist with clarifying the faster internet speed availability in your area and for your account. You do not have to remove cable TV service in order to upgrade. I'll need to access your account so that I can quote you accurately. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

Regular Visitor

Message has been sent, sorry for the delay. Never got a notifcation that I got a response.

Regular Visitor

Please let me know if you can, I sent another PM.

Thank you

Official Employee

@arche4335. Apologies for my delay in getting back to you. I have responded to our private message conversation with further details. Let's take it from there please. Thank you.