Community Forum

Upgrading Details,

Highlighted
New Poster

Upgrading Details,

Mostly satified with Xfinity as long as i dont have to deal with them.   Upgraded my services to keep from gettin a data cap.  Which doesnt happen when im on unlimited but the second it is off I not only reach my data limit but exceed it by 150 gigs within 2 weeks, but with it on i only use 800 per average a month.. SURPRISE!! I got the new XFY with unlimited data was told that because im going from 300 mb service to a 1gig service I would have to have new wires and compontants installed from the pole up (billing told me it was manditory to have a service tech out to install this) additional 70.00.   They guy came in unpluged my power and my normal cable line and 2 ethernet cords and puts them on a new modem.  Goes to the website and puts in the seriel number.  Has me run a speed test and leaves after trying to cancle the work order. Told me to call billing as it should go threw in a week.   I just got my bill and they are telling me otherwise and im a liar and NEED TO UNDERSTAND. Lmfao. first off look at my history and tell me what part of I CAN do it myself except climb the pole leagaly.  YOUR sells rep told me there was to be a new installation not a equip exchange.  Anyone else having this issue trying to get this reveresed ?