Community Forum

Upgraded to 400 Mbps speed today bought new docsis 3.1 modem still only gettting previous 200Mbps sp

New Poster

Upgraded to 400 Mbps speed today bought new docsis 3.1 modem still only gettting previous 200Mbps sp

Originally wanted to upgrade to gigabit but not paying for the installation costs.

I went with the 400, they said my docsis 3.0 will not be compatible so I bought a new 3.1. Just installed the new surfboard sb8200, activated it and tested speeds, maxing out at my regular speed of 230Mbps.

I've already been on the phone dozens of times today for other reasons and don't feel like dealing with the auto tech support anymore. Modem and router have been power cycled multiple times already.
My network is all cat6, gigabit adapters and Archer c7 gigabit router, so there are not bottle necks.

Official Employee

Re: Upgraded to 400 Mbps speed today bought new docsis 3.1 modem still only gettting previous 200...

Hi Rangerdriver, I can look into your speed issue and get the problem resolved. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me". You can also click on this link for basic internet troubleshooting steps. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Upgraded to 400 Mbps speed today bought new docsis 3.1 modem still only gettting previous 200...

Hello

I'm having the same problem.    They said I needed a Docsis  3.1  but sent me another  3.0.   Multiple phone calls and office visits.  I'm paying for EXTREME 400  with a new house and wiring.   I'm  getting about 80  for speed.

Official Employee

Closed old thread