Community Forum

Upgrade Offer Not Being Honored

Frequent Visitor

Upgrade Offer Not Being Honored

I was offered an upgrade to Signature Triple Play package on xfinity.com after I logged in and hit "Manage Plan". Price was $119.99 with 2 year contract.  Pic attached. That's my current plan info at the top and the recommended plan as I described above. I called with some questions and was told she didn't see this offer but it might be an online offer and to go ahead and order it. I went through the process of ordering, added TV for the dvr at $2.68/mo, clicked the "mail installation kit" option, clicked submit, and got a confirmation. I was all set and happy with my plan. Or so I thought.

A couple hours later, I got a call from someone saying there was a problem and to call back. I called back and was told that the plan is only for new customers but they would honor it for $169.99! I logged back in with them on the phone and could STILL see the offer as an upgrade. After going back and forth, they apologized and offered me Showtime or Starz for 6 months - which I declined. I spent a good amount of time speaking with 4 different Comcast employees over the course of the day and I have nothing to show for it. Comcast advertised a plan and a price to me while I was logged in as a personalizewd recommended upgrade and refuse to honor the price. Can someone honor this package please? I'm not asking for anything crazy - just for a giant company to honor the package they advertized to me and allowed me to spend the time to go through and order. Or is this just a slick way to get existing customers on the phone to try and upsell them on a more expense package? Very sketchy practice. It's crazy that the company won't honor this.

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 3.58.24 PM.png

Expert

Re: Upgrade Offer Not Being Honored

@Steve411 wrote:

I was offered an upgrade to Signature Triple Play package on xfinity.com after I logged in and hit "Manage Plan". Price was $119.99 with 2 year contract.  Pic attached. That's my current plan info at the top and the recommended plan as I described above. I called with some questions and was told she didn't see this offer but it might be an online offer and to go ahead and order it. I went through the process of ordering, added TV for the dvr at $2.68/mo, clicked the "mail installation kit" option, clicked submit, and got a confirmation. I was all set and happy with my plan. Or so I thought.

A couple hours later, I got a call from someone saying there was a problem and to call back. I called back and was told that the plan is only for new customers but they would honor it for $169.99! I logged back in with them on the phone and could STILL see the offer as an upgrade. After going back and forth, they apologized and offered me Showtime or Starz for 6 months - which I declined. I spent a good amount of time speaking with 4 different Comcast employees over the course of the day and I have nothing to show for it. Comcast advertised a plan and a price to me while I was logged in as a personalizewd recommended upgrade and refuse to honor the price. Can someone honor this package please? I'm not asking for anything crazy - just for a giant company to honor the package they advertized to me and allowed me to spend the time to go through and order. Or is this just a slick way to get existing customers on the phone to try and upsell them on a more expense package? Very sketchy practice. It's crazy that the company won't honor this.

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 3.58.24 PM.png

When you were looking at this deal, did you read Pricing & Other Info and View Details?  You would probably see under there the restrictions for this offer.  Did it say anywhere that this offer was for new customers only?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Sure did. Nothing about a new customer. Pic below. And "Details" link is too long to screen grab, but it says nothing at all about having to be a new customer either. And, again, this was advertised to me as a recommended upgrade to *my current package* - I was signed in and requesting an upgrade.

A manager called me last night and took all the information, which is already the best customer service I've had in my long time with Comcast. She said "I'm going to fix this". When I asked "what does fix mean? Are you going to honor this deal that I've spent over an hour discussing with 4-5 different people today, or just make sure it's not recommended to me anymore?" She didn't have a clear answer but I'll see what happens. 

Also, I signed into Facebook today and was greeted with an ad "Finish what you carted" directing me to my account to upgrade since I never completed an upgrade yesterday. I followed the link, signed into my account, and was STILL being directed to this same deal. This just seems like deceptive marketing and, I mean, you're Comcast! You can't just honor this deal because of all the aggravation and time I've spent on this with you? If I was dealing with a 'mom and pop' company, it wouldn't even be a discussion. It would be "Sorry sir. That's our mistake. I'll get this deal entered for you and I'll speak with I.T. to fix the false upgrade option on our end."  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait to hear back today - but, I think we all know where this is going. It's sad.

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 7.50.06 AM.png

Frequent Visitor

Weird, it isn't letting me attach the screen shot, but here's the text...

"Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Residential customers only. Limited to Signature Triple Play with Limited Basic, Kids & Family, Entertainment, Sports & News, Digital Preferred Tier, STARZ®, SHOWTIME®, Streampix®, Netflix Standard HD, HD programming, DVR service, Extreme Pro Internet and Xfinity Voice Unlimited service. Netflix Standard (HD) Plan ($12.99/month value). Equipment, installation, taxes and fees, including regulatory recovery fees, Broadcast TV Fee (up to $10.00/mo.), Regional Sports Fee (up to $8.25/mo.) and other applicable charges extra, and subject to change during and after the promo. After promo, or if any service is cancelled or downgraded, regular rates apply (subject to change). Service limited to a single outlet. May not be combined with other offers. TV: Limited Basic service subscription required to receive other levels of service. On Demand selections subject to charge indicated at time of purchase. Not all programming available in all areas. Must activate Netflix subscription on X1 to begin viewing programming. Netflix uses your Internet service and will count against any Xfinity data plan. In the case of Xfinity cancellation, Netflix will resume charging original method of payment for existing account holders. Internet: Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed. Xfinity hotspots included with Xfinity Internet Performance (and above). Limited hotspot access included for Performance Starter and below. Available in select areas. Voice: If there is a power outage or network issue, calling, including calls to 911, may be unavailable. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee applies to one month’s recurring service and standard installation charges up to $500. ©2019 Comcast. All rights reserved. SHOWTIME® and related marks are trademarks of Showtime Networks Inc., a CBS company."

Frequent Visitor

No call back from Comcast. I'm still trying to upgrade and am STILL being presented with this upgrade option when I sign in. I really want to call back and find out what the manager discovered, but I knkow I should just cut my losses and not waste more time on this? So frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Just got a call back from the last person I spoke to before the manager call. They were able to honor the upgrade offer provided to me last week. They're still not sure exactly what the issue was, and it looks like I still have multiple offers being offered as an upgrade that they say I don't qualify for. So, some kind of web site snag that is still not fixed, and it was a bit of a hassle, but I'm very pleased with the fact that someone took the time to follow up with an issue and resolve it. In the end, no matter what the initial problem was, I'm a softy for when a company makes it right. It's easy, but rare these days. Very good customer service. Thank you, Comcast.