Community Forum

Unwarranted sales tactics in lieu of customer service

Highlighted
New Poster

Unwarranted sales tactics in lieu of customer service

I had an outage in neighborhood, 77379, on 4/30/2020. Since I was unable to access my account through the internet, I called 1-800-XFINITY to ask when service would be restored. A representative by the name of "Nicole" told me that I had to pay a $100 service fee to receive assistance on my account. The service would include wiring, technician visits, etc. I told her I did not want the service, all I wanted to know was if there was an outage and when service would be restored. Nicole insisted that I had to pay and asked me for my credit card information three times. At no time would she answer my question regarding the outage. I ended the call.

I called again and a representative by the name "Alejandro" attended to the call. He confirmed there was an outage that was affecting about 500 people and service should be restored by 4pm. Alejandro was extremely helpful and never tried to sell me a $100 service to provide basic account information. After that call, the Xfinity app, confirmed that there was an outage and service would be restored.

I do not appreciate Nicole's attempts to try to sell me a service just to tell me there was an outage in the area. The service she was trying to sell had nothing to do with the outage. If I had agreed, I would be paying an additional $100 for an unnecessary service. Nicole could have also transferred me to Alejandro’s group for assistance. People are cutting cable all the time. When a customer calls for basic account information just be helpful, like Alejandro.  I am disappointed Xfinity.