Community Forum

Unwanted xfinity emails

Regular Visitor

Unwanted xfinity emails

I want to unsubscribe from Xfinity emails but this thread was already locked.

offered to add users to the "do not market" list by sending him a direct message but no such option appears for me on his user profile.

I'd also like to reiterate that the unsubscribe link has been broken for quite some time now. Is Xfinity not going to fix this? Customers shouldn't have to jump through hoops like this just to avoid marketing emails.
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Unwanted xfinity emails

@shoopd,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. Making your experience with Comcast the best it can be is important to us.

We strive to give you relevant, customized content based on your interests and preferences. And that's why we've created a Communication and Ad Preferences section in My Account where you can manage your communications, advertising and marketing preferences all in one spot. If you want to, this includes being able to opt-out of getting certain advertisements or marketing materials.

To Manage Your Preferences

1. Sign in to My Account.
  2. Click on the Settings tab at the top of the page.
  3. Click Communications & Ad Preferences on the left side of the page.
    Communications & Ad Preferences displays at the bottom of the list. 
  4. Scroll down to the Advertising Preferences and Marketing Preferences sections.
    The Advertising Preferences and Marketing Preferences section each have two fields to manage.

The following can be managed under Advertising Preferences:
  • Cable Targeted Advertising - Comcast may use "Activity Data" generated by your video viewing to provide advertising that is relevant to your interests. We may also use "Ad Groups" data from other sources to determine which of our advertisers' messages may be of greatest interest to specific groups of our cable television subscribers. Comcast will not give your name or other identifying information to advertisers without your express consent.

To change this preference, select Edit to choose whether you would like to opt-in or out of cable targeted advertising. Remember that any changes you make here can take up to 30 days to go into effect, and changing these preferences will not affect the number of ads you see.

• Digital Targeted Advertising - Comcast delivers advertisements on the Comcast Web Services and other digital properties. These advertisements may be based on information that you have provided to Comcast or its affiliates (such as the ZIP code of your Xfinity Internet service address), information about your current subscription or use of Comcast's or its affiliates' products or services, or other generally available information about you. These ads are delivered to customers by Comcast and Comcast ad-serving partners.

We also work with advertising networks and other providers to help select and deliver, advertisements and promotional offers on the Comcast Web Services and other digital properties, without sharing your name, address or other information that identifies you with these providers.

To change these preferences, select Manage Permissions. From here, you can choose to opt-in or out of Comcast ads and promotional offers, as well as turn email ads on or off. You will also see more information on how to manage your preferences with third parties, like our advertising networks.

The following can be managed under Marketing Preferences:
  • Sales Call, Mail Advertising and In-Person Visits - If you are receiving unwanted calls, mailers or in-person visits regarding Comcast special offers, you can request to no longer be contacted. Select Manage Permissions to get started, complete the form found here: https://pc2.mypreferences.com/Comcast/OptOut/Default.aspxor learn more before you make any changes.
  • Marketing and Special Offer Emails - If you are receiving unwanted Comcast marketing and special offer emails, you can customize the email communications you receive. Select Manage Emails to get started. From here, you enter your email address and update your email communications preferences.

If you need anything else please don't hesitate to let us know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The unsubscribe button links are indeed broken.

Definitely a major advertising violation in the US.
New Poster

The whole point of the unsubscribe button is that it takes one click and is easy.

Most people aren't going to follow a page of instructions especially when it should be one click.

Are you going to address the fact the unsubscribe button links are broken?

Or how do I submit an issue to someone who does care that it's broken?

It is a violation of the CAN-SPAM act since the email doesn't include a clear way to opt out (since opt out function is broken).
New Poster

The long option you listed leads to the same broken screen.

HOW DO I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM UNWANTED COMCAST EMAILS?
Official Employee

Hi all, 

ComcastJessie posted some great instructions to remove your self from our marketing email lists. Please check out the form here: https://pc2.mypreferences.com/Comcast/OptOut/Default.aspx

If you have filled out the form and are still getting marketing info, please let me know via private message. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

In case anyone else happens upon this post, ComcastKenF and I shot some PM's back and forth and he found a quick fix.

Log in to "My Account" in GOOGLE CHROME INGOCNITO MODE and follow the steps above from ComcastJessie to get to "manage emails."  The unsubscribe button should work in incognito. I tried this in Firefox as well, but Firefox incognito did not work.

Official Employee

shoopd, nice working with you! Glad we discovered this workaround until we get this resolved (should be soon according to the team that is working this). Appreciate your patience!

Ken