Community Forum

Unuthorized credit check

New Poster

Unuthorized credit check

I signed up for home Internet only. I did not want to Hard inquiry on my credit so I opted for their option to pay extra and not to have a credit check run. The next day there’s a hard inquiry on my credit report. I did not sign any consent papers giving them authorization to run a credit check, nor did I even provide them with my Social Security number. How did they get their hands on my Social Security number? Why did they run a credit check without my authorization? The Xfinity location I signed up for was in one town, my credit check come from a Xfinity store in another town, what’s going on here?
Official Employee

Re: Unuthorized credit check

Hello Why7. I can assist with submitting a request to our credit reporting team to review this. I apologize this happened to you. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Unuthorized credit check

Same thing happened to me. I even paid 100$ deposit while signing up for connection. It seems Comcast did not learn from previous law suits on unauthorised credit checks.