Community Forum

Unserviceable new address

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Unserviceable new address

Hello. 

I saw an identical thread below, so seems like this is not the only issue. I am moving to a newly constructed community and, though the construction has been completed, address is showing up as not serviceable. 

I have had a ticket out to look into that, but did not receive an update. I have chatted with a customer service rep who advised the issue has been escalated and I would be followed up with within 24 hours, however did not receive a follow up. I am very mindful of the delays customer service oriented businesses are experiencing in responses, however - respectfully- it is impossible to get an agent on the phone and the automated system keeps the caller on a loop.

I really enjoy Xfinity service and in my new community most everyone is sticking with AT&T, for the same reason of being unable to get Xfinity to respond. The houses are all ready and pre-wired and just need to be made serviceable. It's quite a big chunk of business to forego. I would prefer to stick with Xfinity, however I am working from home and need functioning internet. If this cannot be resolved in the next week, I too will have no choice but to switch as well. 

Thank you for your attention to this matter and I would appreciate a response. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Unserviceable new address

@maa9q wrote:

Hello. 

I saw an identical thread below, so seems like this is not the only issue. I am moving to a newly constructed community and, though the construction has been completed, address is showing up as not serviceable. 

I have had a ticket out to look into that, but did not receive an update. I have chatted with a customer service rep who advised the issue has been escalated and I would be followed up with within 24 hours, however did not receive a follow up. I am very mindful of the delays customer service oriented businesses are experiencing in responses, however - respectfully- it is impossible to get an agent on the phone and the automated system keeps the caller on a loop.

I really enjoy Xfinity service and in my new community most everyone is sticking with AT&T, for the same reason of being unable to get Xfinity to respond. The houses are all ready and pre-wired and just need to be made serviceable. It's quite a big chunk of business to forego. I would prefer to stick with Xfinity, however I am working from home and need functioning internet. If this cannot be resolved in the next week, I too will have no choice but to switch as well. 

Thank you for your attention to this matter and I would appreciate a response. 

Are you sure the community is within the Comcast footprint?  Have you verified that?  You don't say how many homes are within that community but if the majority of them are with AT&T it's entirely possible Comcast doesn't service that area.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes, I am sure it is within the serviceable area. It is a densely populated area near a large city and I currently live less than a mile away and am looking to transfer my current service Xfinity. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is there a map somewhere to see if we are inside the comcast footprint? 

habsfan21