Community Forum

Unserviceable Address

Regular Visitor

Unserviceable Address

I have been trying to get service to my new address for the last two weeks.  I am currently an XFinity customer.  I have called in numerous times to only be told diffrent things every time I call in.  I am moving into a new build in a gated community.  The main building (clubhouse) has XFinity.  This building is literally about 50 feet away from my house.  My house has an XFinity box attached to the side of it.  I can't seem to get help from anyone.  Can anyone here help me please!

Valued Contributor

Re: Unserviceable Address

If this address is not in Xfinitys system, then it needs to have a serviceability request done. (This adds the address to the system and gets the initial drop established from what I gather) It would be weird though, if there is a box on the side of your house but it isn't in their system. Do other houses have Xfinity? Sometimes it is as simple as the address is listed weird, and the agent has trouble finding it. Any agent should be able to see if it is in their system and if any requests have been submitted for serviceability. I would wait on a corporate employee here if you aren't in a big hurry.
Expert

@tcc716 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Visitor

The closest building that has xfinity is about 50 feet away from my house.  I know it has only been about 2 weeks, but this is still very frustrating when no one calls me back or will even try to help.  With an xfinity box on the side of the house and the wiring all complete inside the house with high speed ethernet jacks, it is really strange that I cannot seem to get someone to help me get service. 

Valued Contributor

I don't really have enough information to guide you further. Was a serviceability request submitted? Were you given a ticket number? Was this part done and you are waiting for construction? (sorry, I just saw where the thread was shot up to a corp employee)
Official Employee

Hello tcc716, it sounds like you need a site survey performed so that we can see what is need to bring services to your home. I can get a tech scheduled for you, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".