Community Forum

Unsafe Driver

Regular Visitor

Unsafe Driver

Hi,

This morning on I-95 North, between the Bells Rd. and Maury St. exits, at 7:55 a.m., I was almost sideswiped by a Comcast truck.  The truck was in the center lane and veered into the right lane where I was.  Had I not taken evasive actions, he'd have hit my car.  I honked the horn and he found his way back to the center lane and continued ahead of me.  The guy in front of me saw this and also moved to the right to pre-empt the Comcast truck from potentially hitting his car too.  When I approached the truck (traffic was heavy and the lanes moved at various levels of progress), he (white male, wearing a hat) was looking down at his phone.  It was more than just a glance, he was doing something, like scrolling.  No doubt that's what he was doing when he almost hit my car.  

The number on the side of the truck, just forward of the passenger compartment on the side of the hood, was 20429, also seen on the back.  The "How's My Driving" number was EB9151.

I thought I'd let you guys know, since this kind of behavior leads to lawsuits - and worse - death and injury to members of the public.

I have front and rear cameras on my vehicle and captured the event.

Expert

Re: Unsafe Driver

Did you notify the police at the time this happened?  This is what you should have done, as you might have done with anyone else that had done this.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

I can tell you've never done so yourself, as I have.  And I'm a fan of Comcast, so I don't appreciate your implying that I'm being vindictive against the company for some reason.

This past summer I was followed by a car with three occupants.  Each time I moved over so they could pass, in a residential neighborhood, they ended up turning down the next road, making a u-turn and getting back behind me again.  I had no idea what they were doing but there were three of them and I was clearly being followed.  I ended it when I pulled into a driveway where a neighbor cop lived and his cop car was there (although he wasn't home). When I showed the video to the police immediately thereafter, he said that he couldn't really do anything because he didn't witness the event himself but offered to have a chat with the owner of the vehicle, since the plate was clearly visible in the video.

By alerting Comcast, they have MUCH more leverage with corrective action for their driver, i.e., threat of termination, than a lecture from a cop.

Official Employee

Hello Big_Otter, were you able to call the "How's My Driving" number? Did they take a report for you? 

Regular Visitor

I was not able to get that number off the video after the fact - the numbers were too small - and I didn't want to mess around with my phone in heavy traffic at the time it occurred, so I didn't make a phone call.

Official Employee

Hi Big_Otter. Thank you for providing the information about the unsafe driver. I am going to move this information forward, so we can get this properly handled. 

We appreciate your providing this feedback, as all our drivers should be driving safely everyday.