Community Forum

Unlink/Delete Old Account

New Poster

Unlink/Delete Old Account

Please unlink or delete an old account

I moved to a new address a last year, and my old, inactive account is still linked to my login, along with my new one. The old account says its the primary account number when I sign into the web site or any xfinity app. Can someone please help me figure out how I can get this old account unlinked or deleted? Thanks!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Unlink/Delete Old Account

joshuajedd11 -- Thank you for reaching out with your concern. I apologize for the inconvenience from this email issue, and I would like to fix this for you from here. I would like to look at your two accounts from here. Please send me a private message verifying your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement. To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I need this done as well and haven't gotten any help with it. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Bronze Problem Solver

joshuajedd11 -- Thank you again for using the Xfinity Forums for help with your email issue and I'm happy I was able to get it fixed for you. If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist.

New Poster

@CCShane Hi, I have exactly the same issue here: 2 accounts are linked to the same username. Every time after login I have to face 2 accounts, which drives me crazy... If possible could you please help me remove the old inactivated account and only keep the currently active one? Thank you very much!

By the way, I tried to clicked your name, but there is no option for "send a message". Where is this button? 

Official Employee

Hello @abocide850529, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I can definitely see where this could be frustrating and I would be more than happy to assist you with getting your old account unlinked from your new one. I have responded to your private message if you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@abocide850529, I never heard back from you in our private message or in here, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me a private message if you still need assistance with this unlinking concern. Please create a new Public post if you need assistance with any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!