Community Forum

Unknown Server Error when changing access level?

Valued Contributor

Unknown Server Error when changing access level?

I am trying to change the access level of certain users on my account to restricted. However, when I try to change any user ID to a different  level and click save the message says "Unknown Server Error". 

Any ideas? 

Tek
New Poster

Re: Unknown Server Error when changing access level?

I'd like to know too, received the same error repeatedly when doing this and I am the primary user. Does Comcast read these to assist??
Valued Contributor

Still happening today. I tried all different browsers and devices. One time it said Error with Identity Credential Server, or something like that.

This stinks because I need to restrict some of the users.

Tek
Expert

@Tek @EJR123 

Make sure that you're signing in with your Primary ID.  You can use the Look Up tool for this.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Definitely using Primary. I am a IT Manager. This is definitely something wrong on the Comcast end.

Tek
Expert

@Tek wrote:
Definitely using Primary. I am a IT Manager. This is definitely something wrong on the Comcast end.

When you sign in does it say you are Primary?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Yes. I can transfer admin rights and delete or suspend any users.

I am 100 percent on Primary. Have you tried changing a secondary accounts to a different access level?

Are you having the same issue?

Tek
Valued Contributor

Servers still having issue today. How do we escalate  this to Comcast? 

Tek
Diamond Problem Solver

Send a Private Message to the same Official Employee that was helping you with your streaming issue. Since he already has your personal account information

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:
Send a Private Message to the same Official Employee that was helping you with your streaming issue. Since he already has your personal account information

Could you try to edit a role on your account to see if you get the same error? I suspect this is a system wide issue. 

Tek
Valued Contributor

This issue is on Comcast`s end. I had my friends on diffrent accounts check and they also cannot edit their user roles. 

Tek
Gold Problem Solver

@Tek wrote: ... when I try to change any user ID to a different  level and click save the message says "Unknown Server Error". ...

Sure looks like a Comcast bug. I get this when I try to change an account from "Unrestricted with billing permissions" to "Restricted":

MaUse1.png

MaUse2.png

Worse, the role actually does change, from "Unrestricted with billing permissions" to "Unrestricted"!?!?!