Community Forum

Uninitated changes and service tech appointment

Frequent Visitor

Uninitated changes and service tech appointment

I received an e-mail overnight stating my requested changes were taken care of and that a service tech would be arriving between 3pm and 5pm today for installation. I did not request a change or set up a service tech appointment.  I verified it wasn't a scam, by going to my Xfinity Account and saw there was an appointment set for today. However, I did not see that there were any changes to my existing services. I attempted to find out what was going on by calling Customer Service and after 2 hours of being on hold, did an online chat. The person on chat couldn't say for sure how or why I received the message and who made the appointment. He cancelled the appointment for me, but I still would like to know why all of this happened. Was it an identity mistake or is there an issue that needs to be addressed that I do not know about? Any idea of how I can find out? Anybody else have this happen?

Official Employee

Re: Uninitated changes and service tech appointment

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.