Community Forum

Unhappy Customer

New Poster

Unhappy Customer

I am paying $100 a month for cable and internet services. I contacted the retention department twice to try and get a better deal by cancelling my cable and only keeping internet. They told me the only thing they could do is save me $12. There is a new customer deal for $30/mth which I am not allowed to use because I am an existing customer. I'm very disappointed that they only thing Comcast could do for me is give me a bill for $12 less. $88 is still WAY too high for internet alone! Now I'm forced to cancel my Comcast and switch to Fios so I'm not losing money every month. Very disappointed.

New Poster

Re: Unhappy Customer

They’re pulling a similar stunt with me. We pay $278, they sent me a mailer...addressed to ME at my house but with an apartment “A”...we own a single family house. The mailer is promoting a gig speed triple play bundle for $149 a month.

Too bad I’m a known commodity, I’m being penalized for paying them too much money for the past 10 years. If I were new, the offer would be all mine. They were willing to give me the package, at the discounted price of $242.50...woohoo! Lucky me! Oh, but if I say yes, they take away 6 channels that are technically in the lineup, but only for current customers that are grandfathered in.

Seems odd that I’ll be treated as a new customer when it comes to the channel lineup, but when it comes to pricing I’m out of luck. SMH.

I’ve tweeted & emailed everyone I can think of. Barring a decent solution it may be time to cut the cord. Stinks too, xfinity is finally starting to get decent service.