Community Forum

Unfair practice with regards to charges on technician visit

New Poster

Unfair practice with regards to charges on technician visit

Hi,

last month I had network issues and my device was not receiving the signal. I contacted comcast and spoke with customer support and he then scheduled the technician visit. During the call customer support person clearly told me that "if it is issue with nextwork signal, customer need not pay technician visit charges".

During the visit technician clearly mentioned that device was not receiving the signal and technician resumed the network

Despite of this network issues, I was charged for a visit. I think this was unfair practice

Expert

Re: Unfair practice with regards to charges on technician visit

@varunparanjape wrote:

Hi,

last month I had network issues and my device was not receiving the signal. I contacted comcast and spoke with customer support and he then scheduled the technician visit. During the call customer support person clearly told me that "if it is issue with nextwork signal, customer need not pay technician visit charges".

During the visit technician clearly mentioned that device was not receiving the signal and technician resumed the network

Despite of this network issues, I was charged for a visit. I think this was unfair practice

If he had to fix any of the cables or splitters, amps, inside your home you would be responsible for the charge.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello varunparanjape. Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post. I can assist with reviewing your recent technician visit and charge that was added. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello varunparanjape. We did not receive a response from you. This thread has been locked. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to reach out via private message. If you need help with something else, create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.