Community Forum

Unfair Early Termination Fee and Customer Call Center Employees Misleading

New Poster

Unfair Early Termination Fee and Customer Call Center Employees Misleading

Okay.  I put my house on the market, got an offer six days later, called Comcast about transfering my service to my new house, which is under construction.  I explained to them in great, great detail I had to move into an apartment temporarily while my house was being finished.  I did this to only ensure I kept my email address because I foolishly have EVERYTHING connected to that email address.  The person with whom I spoke told me I could not cancel my service while I waited for my new house to be finished and that I needed to keep my modem and continue to pay for the service in order to keep my email address.  I was told to call back when I was ready to move out of my house and into my apartment, which I did.  When I called back I spoke with another representative who said it wasn't necessary for me keep my modem and pay for the service to keep my email address.  I explained what I had been told earlier.  Once again I was told keeping the modem and service for my email wasn't necessay and I was transfered to another representative in the, for a lack of the known term, Moving Department.  This new rep also told me it wasn't necessary for me to keep the modem and pay for the service to keep my email.  I was told all I had to do to keep my email was sign in at least once every 90 days.  Once again I told the employee I was moving, that I was waiting for my house to be completed, and that the apartment I would live in temporarily live in did not offer Comcast service.  The rep told me this was not a problem.  I was told that when <edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> gets your new home's address we'll establish service there and you're good to go.  I said perfect.  I also warned him I would be upset if my email was not connected to my new address.  The rep said there wasn't a problem, even though he could not find my new address in the system.  I explained that it was a new development.  He said he would put in a ticket for a service inquiry.  Never once was I told about an Early Termination Fee.

I thought all was well, but fast forward less than 30 days later when I wake up to find <edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> had slapped me with a $280 early termination fee.  I called, explained the situation yet again, and the rep refused to remove it, even though I will have service with <edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> when my new house is completed.  The reason you ask?  Well because my house closes 2 days AFTER the 60 day window.   2 Days!  And they won't waive it!  WILL NOT!  WON'T, SO DO EVEN ASK!  PAY US OR WE'LL SEND YOU TO COLLECTIONS <edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

I asked repeatedly to speak to a manger.  The reply:  There's no manager who can remove it.  I once again explained that I am moving and will reestablish service.  Sorry.  It's outside of the 60-day window.  Pay us or go to collections.  <edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

<edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">