Community Forum

Underground line conversion

Regular Visitor

Underground line conversion

I am trying to get my Xfinity service line buried in my back yard. The line runs around 100 feet from my house to the pole. It runs on the same line as my electrical service line which I am working with the power company to have buried along that line, not cheap but the power company is perfectly willing to do it if done to their requirements (conduit size, depth, etc.) Both lines are ugly and somewhat of a nuisance, I can reach up and grab the Comcast line in my yard, hence the desire to put them underground. I called customer assistance and had a tech sent out, and to my surprise they said it couldn't be done, that it was an above-ground zone and they couldn't put it underground. This seems baffling to me, since I know Xfinity does plenty of underground lines, and if I can get my electrical service line buried how can it possibly be an issue to get an underground cable service drop? Do I really have no choice but to drop my Xfinity service to get rid of the line and try to find another provider? It just seems odd. I have looked around on the forums and found some similar topics like this, most seemed to suggest that success depended mostly on finding the right person to help, which is why I am trying this post.
Expert

Re: Underground line conversion

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Underground line conversion

Hello tommycoco. I can assist with submitting a ticket to our local Tech Ops team who can review your request for an underground line conversion. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you.