Community Forum

Underground installation of Xfinity service - been waiting since Nov. 20, 2018!!! Please help.

New Poster

Underground installation of Xfinity service - been waiting since Nov. 20, 2018!!! Please help.

I called Comcast / Xfinity back on Nov. 20th, 2018 to arrange for installation of underground service to our new house back on Nov. 20th. 2018. The house is under construction but my builder needs to get all of our services (electric, water, and cable) installed into the appropriate conduit and to the house. I have called into customer care too many times to count and nobody can give me an answer as to the process / next steps to get this process moving.

The job site needs to have a proper trench dug, conduit laid, and then cable pulled from the pole, through the conduit, to the house.... My excavator has no problem doing the trench or even installing the conduit but Xfinity rep on Nov. 20th said they would handle all of that.

Please help me figure out how to move this process forward. Too often I'm talking to someone at Xfinity trying to sell me MORE services (GB ethernet, home security, etc.) and I'm tired of hearing about services you have such great deals on that I can't get because you can't seem to figure out how to get the cable installed.

Expert

Re: Underground installation of Xfinity service - been waiting since Nov. 20, 2018!!! Please help.

@jim_ducharme wrote:

I called Comcast / Xfinity back on Nov. 20th, 2018 to arrange for installation of underground service to our new house back on Nov. 20th. 2018. The house is under construction but my builder needs to get all of our services (electric, water, and cable) installed into the appropriate conduit and to the house. I have called into customer care too many times to count and nobody can give me an answer as to the process / next steps to get this process moving.

The job site needs to have a proper trench dug, conduit laid, and then cable pulled from the pole, through the conduit, to the house.... My excavator has no problem doing the trench or even installing the conduit but Xfinity rep on Nov. 20th said they would handle all of that.

Please help me figure out how to move this process forward. Too often I'm talking to someone at Xfinity trying to sell me MORE services (GB ethernet, home security, etc.) and I'm tired of hearing about services you have such great deals on that I can't get because you can't seem to figure out how to get the cable installed.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Underground installation of Xfinity service - been waiting since Nov. 20, 2018!!! Please help.

Hi, jim_ducharme. Thanks for reaching out here for support, welcome to the community. I'd be happy to look into this for you to check and see what the hold up is and see how we can get the ball rolling on making forward progress during your pre-installation. Please go ahead and send me a private message with your name, best contact number, and physical address so we can get started. We will go from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, jim_ducharme. I ended up not hearing back from you on this and I have completed this interaction. If you end up needing further support on this, feel free to send me that PM. Take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.