Community Forum

Underground cable installation delay

New Poster

Underground cable installation delay

We recently moved to a new house which is new construction.  A tech visited us for installation and told us a cable needs to be buried under the ground across our and our neighbor's driveway.  He opened a ticket. Later, another tech visited us, who was supposed to install a temporary line, but he knew nothing about our situation, ending up calling and opening another ticket. Finally, the installation crew was scheduled to visit last Saturday, but nobody showed up and no update message.  We've talked to many different reps over the phone but No progress over the past 3 weeks. No 811 guys to locate underground utilities. I'm worrying we'll be stuck for more weeks or maybe months.

Regular Visitor

Re: Underground cable installation delay

Good luck, if you gain any traction please share your secret. I'm in a similar situation and haven't gotten a resolution in 9+ months. 

New Poster

Re: Underground cable installation delay

We were lucky. We had constantly checked whether the order was still valid until the techs finally visited us because it was canceled before without notifying us. They brought the same kind of equipment and tools that the previous techs had. Again, they didn't seem to be interested in serious work like previous guys. After checking the situation, one of them left saying they need approval for this kind of job. But, fortunately, the other guy thought he could make it happen. He figured out the way out to bury the line across our neighbors and our driveway. It was possible because our driveway is not fully paved and covered with pebbles half-way. So he drilled the hole through the unpaved part of the driveway and ran the line. Now we are waiting for another visit for the final connection. 

In my opinion, it seems it highly depends on the difficulty of the installation, and the techs are not willing to do extra work for tricky situations. It totally depends on their decision whether to work on it or just skip it and move to the next customer.  Then, the next techs will come and go... this will repeat again and again...just my thought.