Community Forum

Unburied cable.

Regular Visitor

Unburied cable.

We moved to our current house late last year.  When we purchased the house, we noticed a cable draped along the back fence of our yard.  I called Comcast in November to request that it be buried.  They sent a utility notification team out to mark the utilities within a day or two.  A day or two after that, some workers came out and said they were going to bury the cable.  After a while, they came back to the door and said they needed some other tool to bury it.  I couldn’t understand them very well, but it sounded like they were going to be back the next day.  

I didn’t hear anything else for more than a month.  I eventually got an email January 13th that said there was a delay with my line, and it indicated it was a ‘Delay with utility locates’.  I still never heard anything else.  Finally I called on February 3rd and got a ticket (399213) and was told I’d get a call the next day.  I still haven’t gotten a call 3 days later.  

I’ve had utility flags and paint all over my yard for the last 3.5 months waiting for Comcast to get this resolved.  I’d like to get an explanation of what’s going on from someone as to if and/or when this work will be done.  I tried emailing "we_can_help@email.comcast.com" but got an immediate reply that they no longer monitor that email account.

Expert
Expert

Re: Unburied cable.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Unburied cable.

Hello @billinlakewood. I can assist in getting an update on your cable drop bury that is still needed. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.