Community Forum

Unauthorized hard pull will keep from being able to go to closing on home purchase!

New Poster

Unauthorized hard pull will keep from being able to go to closing on home purchase!

Please HELP!!!!! I am in the middle of our home-buying process. Mortgage lender has given pre-approval and all will go well for closing on our new home UNLESS my credit score goes down two or more points, or if we apply for any credit/have any hard pulls on our credit, or if we make any large purchases or if our credit card balances increase. Yesterday Comcast did a hard pull on my credit when we asked to transfer our Comcast services to my mom’s where we are staying until we go to closing. We were not told there would be a credit pull. I called Comcast today and they told me that if I did not want my credit pulled then I could have paid $100 deposit to have the service moved. THEY NEVER MENTIONED THIS when the move request was submitted. They said nothing about this mystery deposit nor anything about pulling credit. They also told me today that they automatically pull credit when a customer who has been with Comcast 6 months or less moves service to a new address. I have had this Comcast account since February 2016. If I would have know that moving our service was going to result in a credit pull I would NEVER have requested anything from Comcast other than telling them to close my account. Now because of this RIDICULOUS and UNAUTHORIZED credit pull, we cannot buy our home. I am HEARTBROKEN. I am so furious. I am at a complete loss. The mortgage lender says we are not allowed to dispute anything on our credit reports because this also disqualifies our mortgage. None of what Comcast has done seems lawful under the FCRA. Not only that, it’s just plain dishonest to omit such an important thing to tell a customer. We TOLD Comcast that we were moving services to my mom’s because she has direct TV and even though we were only going to be at her house for a few weeks, we wanted to take our awesome Comcast services with us. This has been a huge mistake to be a loyal Comcast customer and even continue to have their services when we don’t even really need them.
Expert

Re: Unauthorized hard pull will keep from being able to go to closing on home purchase!

@Creditcheck wrote:
Please HELP!!!!! I am in the middle of our home-buying process. Mortgage lender has given pre-approval and all will go well for closing on our new home UNLESS my credit score goes down two or more points, or if we apply for any credit/have any hard pulls on our credit, or if we make any large purchases or if our credit card balances increase. Yesterday Comcast did a hard pull on my credit when we asked to transfer our Comcast services to my mom’s where we are staying until we go to closing. We were not told there would be a credit pull. I called Comcast today and they told me that if I did not want my credit pulled then I could have paid $100 deposit to have the service moved. THEY NEVER MENTIONED THIS when the move request was submitted. They said nothing about this mystery deposit nor anything about pulling credit. They also told me today that they automatically pull credit when a customer who has been with Comcast 6 months or less moves service to a new address. I have had this Comcast account since February 2016. If I would have know that moving our service was going to result in a credit pull I would NEVER have requested anything from Comcast other than telling them to close my account. Now because of this RIDICULOUS and UNAUTHORIZED credit pull, we cannot buy our home. I am HEARTBROKEN. I am so furious. I am at a complete loss. The mortgage lender says we are not allowed to dispute anything on our credit reports because this also disqualifies our mortgage. None of what Comcast has done seems lawful under the FCRA. Not only that, it’s just plain dishonest to omit such an important thing to tell a customer. We TOLD Comcast that we were moving services to my mom’s because she has direct TV and even though we were only going to be at her house for a few weeks, we wanted to take our awesome Comcast services with us. This has been a huge mistake to be a loyal Comcast customer and even continue to have their services when we don’t even really need them.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Unauthorized hard pull will keep from being able to go to closing on home purchase!

Hello Creditcheck, I can look into this for you and submit a request to have the inquiry removed from your credit report. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!