Community Forum

Unauthorized hard credit inquiry while moving service

New Poster

Unauthorized hard credit inquiry while moving service

I have been a customer for 2+ years. I paid a visit to a Comcast store regarding moving my service to a new address on Jan 20 and I wasn't told that will come with a credit hard inquiry. Today I received a notification that Comcast has done a hard inquiry on my Equifax on Jan 20. I don't understand why it's even needed for an existing customer moving service to a new address. I moved once before and there wasn't a hard inquiry coming with it. I would like to have that hard inquiry removed.

I searched on web today and this looks like an existing problem for a few years already (I can find posts dated back to 2014...), and from what I found my best bet to have that hard inquiry removed is to come here and have a representive to help me out, instead of arguing with Comcast customer service over phone. So here I am.

Official Employee

Re: Unauthorized hard credit inquiry while moving service

Hello bertleung, Comcast can pull your credit w/o your permission as they have a legitimate business need in connection with a transaction that you initiated. If you do feel that this was done in error please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and I can request that the inquiry be removed. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!