Community Forum

Unauthorized funds taken from my bank account

New Poster

Unauthorized funds taken from my bank account

To Whom It May Concern,

On December 29,2017 my husband used the mobile app to submit a payment for 298.56. That payment posted and was deducted from our bank account on 1/2/18. On 1/4/18 an additional 298.56 which was NOT authorized was removed from our account. My husband contacted customer service on 1/4/18 via phone and was told that the money would be returned within 24 to 48hrs. My husband contacted customer service on 1/9/18 via phone and was told by a representative that we would need to contact our bank which we did. An affidavit was filled out and the bank requested on two occasions that the funds be returned (on the 12th and the 17th) the request was denied. The bank informed us that we would have to contact customer service again because Comcast is refusing to return the funds. Again my husband called customer service and was told that the matter was being invesitagted. On 1/24/18 I contacted customer service and spoke was told by the represenative that "yes two payments were taken and the additional funds would NOT be returned because the second payment brought the account current" I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told by Ivy " yes I am sorry we took another payment but because the bank didn't ask for the money back in a specific time frame we will not refund you your money because the money has now covered your current payment" This is unacceptable and I want my money returned to my account. The supervisor futher went on to say that " your bank should just give you your money, I've spoken to the back payment department and they said we will not be refunding your money because your account is covered". Money was taken/stolen out of our account and you refuse to return it? That is NOT okay by any means. It doesn't matter that the account is current because we never authroized for you to remove that money in the first place. We did everything that you asked of us to resolve the situation and your insitiution refused to return the money when requested by the bank. This need to be escalated and resolved promptly. We are prepared to bring legal action and from what I have been viewing online we are not the only ones having these types of problems and I'm certain we can get ,enough people togegther to bring forth a class action suit. Should it have to go that far? No but, are we prepared to go the distance? Yes.

Best Regards,

Frazier Family

Expert

Re: Unauthorized funds taken from my bank account

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Unauthorized funds taken from my bank account

Hi, bradfrazier231 - I see that my peer from Facebook is assisting you and has escalated this issue further. To ensure there is only one person working on your account and to eliminate any confusion of what's being done, I'm going to allow them to take over from here. If there's anything we can assist you with in the future, feel free to contact us.