Community Forum

Unauthorized credit check even after paying deposit and no SSN

Regular Visitor

Unauthorized credit check even after paying deposit and no SSN

I never provided my SSN at the time I signed up for service because I did not have an SSN at the time. I paid a deposit and signed up for autopay. I now see 2 hard inquiries on my credit report, how is this even possible when I didn't even have an SSN issued at the time? I have tried contacting customer service a number of times and they do not understand what I am saying. I even called the billing department and they redirected me to a different department. This has been a frustrating experience. 2 hard inquiries on a newly issued SSN is not cool.

Expert

Re: Unauthorized credit check even after paying deposit and no SSN

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Haven't been contacted yet.

Official Employee

Hello cocobun, I would be happy to investigate this for you, can you verify your account with me? To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Regular Visitor

Hello ComcastShane, I have sent you my details but have not received a response yet.