Community Forum

Unauthorized Movie Purchase

Frequent Visitor

Unauthorized Movie Purchase

We have a few people over last night and it looks like one of them purchased Rampage last night. I'm a big fan of The Rock. Movies based on video games don't have much success. It's funny that The Rock is in my favorite movie based on a video game....DOOM!

So, could you get this charge taken off and delete the movie from our box. If you look, my wife and I haven't rented a movie from Xfinity almost two months ago. This was before I got my new TV with him tons of apps and one is for Vudu. Vudu became just as easy to access since it's an app on the TV menu.

I digress. Could someone remove this charge from my bill?
Expert

Re: Unauthorized Movie Purchase

@dartmaster wrote:
We have a few people over last night and it looks like one of them purchased Rampage last night. I'm a big fan of The Rock. Movies based on video games don't have much success. It's funny that The Rock is in my favorite movie based on a video game....DOOM!

So, could you get this charge taken off and delete the movie from our box. If you look, my wife and I haven't rented a movie from Xfinity almost two months ago. This was before I got my new TV with him tons of apps and one is for Vudu. Vudu became just as easy to access since it's an app on the TV menu.

I digress. Could someone remove this charge from my bill?

If the movie was viewed in total, it's doubtful the charge will be removed.  You might consider putting a purchase pin on under your settings to avoid this happening in the future.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

That's because it was started and played in another room with nobody watching until my wife was going to bed and she saw it. She turned it off and then told me what had happened. I checked my email to look at the invoice I usually get so I could see what time it had been purchased.
I've read other post on here where people got charged for a movie and got the charge reversed even when most of all of the movie was watched. You should be able to see that it was not played on our main living room.
Frequent Visitor

Okay, since it was only "viewed" once, can we get it reduced to the rental fee?
Frequent Visitor

I clicked on See Solution and all that was there was your reply, and now it's marked "Answered". This was before my reply to your reply was answered. I also left another message suggesting what I think is a solution for both of us (Xfinity and myself).

Since it has been less than 24 hours (that's how long a rental is for, correct?), why can't you take the movie off my box and refund me the difference between the buy and rent prices? To buy it was $21.99 and to rent was $5.99. The difference is $16, plus tax if their was any.
Official Employee

Hello dartmaster. I can assist with reviewing your account for the movie purchase and the refund eligibility for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your account.