Community Forum

Unauthorized Hard Credit Inquiry from Comcast VRU

Frequent Visitor

Unauthorized Hard Credit Inquiry from Comcast VRU

I was just notified by my credit alert system that a hard pull was made by Comcast VRU Jackson. Is this a fraudulent inquiry or why did Comcast make a hard pull on my Equifax report without my authorization?
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unauthorized Hard Credit Inquiry from Comcast VRU

Anyone else experience this and resolve it successfully? I saw some reports but no one reported a follow up on whether it was a fraud or how to have it removed?
Frequent Visitor

Specifically it was ONLY on my Equifax report from COMCAST-VRU-JACKSO

I am unable the reach the contact number. Can anyone advise on how to get Comcast to investigate this?
Expert

Hi @Rboy1

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello Rboy1. I can assist with getting a credit inquiry dispute ticket submitted to our credit reporting department. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I also Have an unauthorized credit inquiry