Community Forum

Unauthorized Credit Check; Unethical Sales Representative

New Poster

Unauthorized Credit Check; Unethical Sales Representative

Completely appalled by the blatant lies by your customer representative. When inquiring about new service he asked to pull my credit. I EXPLICITLY told him NO. He said an alternative would be to put a down payment on account in place of the credit check. I subsequently gave him my credit card information to do so and avoid the credit check. Next, he asked for the last four of my social security number and date of birth. I confirmed with him before giving the data that it would not be used to pull my credit. He reassured me that it was for my customer profile and absolutely would not pull my credit. Unfortunately, he was dishonest and went against my wishes. I was notified by my credit check service that a hard inquiry was pulled. Completely in shock at the ease in which he lied to me over the phone and shocked how a business could be run this way. This sales representative should be fired! I saw a lawsuit was filed against the company regarding this behavior recently and I am not surprised. I will be canceling the service I just signed up for unless this can be resolved. I will also be sure to let my family, friends, and business partners know of the unethical practices utilized by the company. Disappointing.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unauthorized Credit Check; Unethical Sales Representative

I don't understand why they need to do a hard check in the first place. A soft check should be more than sufficient for a utility payment.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Unauthorized Credit Check; Unethical Sales Representative

I opened a thread about a month ago about a hard pull on my credit.  I did NOT authorize this.  In fact, I asked the agent on the phone when I was simply moving service from one address to another if it was a hard or soft pull.  He told me it was a soft pull.  I never consented to a hard pull and never provided my ssn, rather my drivers lic # was all I gave.   The very next day, I like many others, received an alert telling me a HARD PULL was done.  I have pleaded to get this removed.  It's not hurting my score, it's the lack of ethics on Comcast part.  I was told it would be a soft, so they need to remove the hard inquiry.  

I am lucky and have the free time and financial resources to remedy the situation in court, which is my next step Smiley Happy  Good luck to everyone, I will keep you all updated after my consultation with my attorney.