Community Forum

Unable to manage my plan online error message when I try to change it ...

New Poster

Unable to manage my plan online error message when I try to change it ...

Hi there -- I urgently need to downgrade my service for a while and if I can't get some help, I will have to turn it off and use a wireless tethering plan for the internet until I have time to find a new provider. 

I am in a financial crisis. I tried to change my plan on line but got the message: "We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order. Please call us at 1-877-680-7173 and we can help."

There must be some way to handle this without calling an 800 number. I am  dealing with a potentially fatal illness, unemployment and foreclosure (among other issues).  Absurdly, I can't even get to the page with plans to see what's there, let alone switch to one.

When I signed up, I wanted high-speed Internet-only but I was told that internet-only would be more expensive than a double plan. So I have a Internet-and TV combo plan. I'm pretty sure you can tell from your end that I have never hooked up the TV. The box is still in the original package, unused. I was told I wasn't being charged a monthly fee for it (I asked how I might return it but was told I couldn't, if I wanted the "cheaper" plan with TV added)

Well, when I looked at my bill, it seems I am being charged a fee for this box. 

I would be very grateful if someone could email me as soon as possible. regarding my options. I need internet service to look for a job and I would rather not have to rely completely on a wireless tethering plan. 

The high-speed data plan I have now rarely gets near the speeds I was promised anyway, but even a slower Xfinity plan should be faster than 3- and 4g speeds. t it). 

Thank you! 

Expert

Re: Unable to manage my plan online error message when I try to change it ...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Unable to manage my plan online error message when I try to change it ...

Hello amypag. We're sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances. We apologize our website is experiencing a know issue where it is unable to provide offers to existing customers. Our web development team is working on getting this fixed, but does not have an ETR yet.  I can assist in reviewing the downgrade options for you and your internet plan. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.