Community Forum

Unable to get phantom accounts deleted

Regular Visitor

Unable to get phantom accounts deleted

I am at the height of frustration.  For almost a year, I have been trying to get my Xfinity internet service account straightened out.  Every time I chat with customer service, they assure me that the account is fixed.  All that happens is that they create a new accouint.  However the old accounts are strill in the system.  The last time I contacted customer service on 12/1/2017, they created yet another account.  Now there are three accounts in the Comcast system for the same service.  I contacted customer service once again to inquire why my internet speed increase from 25 to 60mbs did not occur.  Their answewr was that my service was dsisconnected and I have no internet service.  I can log into my account with the latest account that was created on 12/1.  However when I try to set up my account profile it will not accept my personal email or cell number because it is associated with another account.

I have no idea how to get this problem solved.

Official Employee

Re: Unable to get phantom accounts deleted

Hi, Rob_555 - Not quite sure about what do you mean by phantom accounts but I can definitely help with email/phone account association. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, phone number, account numbers (if you have the phantom ones, so I can check them in the system), your email address. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me. Thanks!