Community Forum

Unable to get new service due to mothers debt with Comcast.

Regular Visitor

Unable to get new service due to mothers debt with Comcast.

About a year ago we had to cancel our comcast service because the bills were getting outrageous but what she didnt know was the debt would get insanely high. She now owes a ridiculous amount. She is low income but now that i got a steady job i'm able to pay my own bills so i wanted to get faster internet. After i ordered my service the modem was delivered and was charged for a month of service but when i went to activate it it wouldnt allow me to so i contacted comcast just to find out that i am unable to get service because of my moms debt. When we lost our service a year ago we had to return the equipment and were told that the bill would be a lot lower because we returned the equipment. She currently owes $693 and when we got terminated it wasnt nearly that much. Almost $700 is a pretty ridiculous cost for someone who is almost 60 and low income. So really im just wondering what we can do.

Official Employee

Re: Unable to get new service due to mothers debt with Comcast.

Hi PrattNathanial,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, if there are charges associated with services that were provided or a contract agreement that was not fulfilled, the charges would be valid. The only thing I could recommend at this point is to try and make payment arrangements with our collections department. If you'd like direct contact information for your mother to call them, I can provide it through private message. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!