Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Unable to get new service due to mothers debt with Comcast.

Regular Visitor

Unable to get new service due to mothers debt with Comcast.

About a year ago we had to cancel our comcast service because the bills were getting outrageous but what she didnt know was the debt would get insanely high. She now owes a ridiculous amount. She is low income but now that i got a steady job i'm able to pay my own bills so i wanted to get faster internet. After i ordered my service the modem was delivered and was charged for a month of service but when i went to activate it it wouldnt allow me to so i contacted comcast just to find out that i am unable to get service because of my moms debt. When we lost our service a year ago we had to return the equipment and were told that the bill would be a lot lower because we returned the equipment. She currently owes $693 and when we got terminated it wasnt nearly that much. Almost $700 is a pretty ridiculous cost for someone who is almost 60 and low income. So really im just wondering what we can do.

Official Employee

Re: Unable to get new service due to mothers debt with Comcast.

Hi PrattNathanial,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, if there are charges associated with services that were provided or a contract agreement that was not fulfilled, the charges would be valid. The only thing I could recommend at this point is to try and make payment arrangements with our collections department. If you'd like direct contact information for your mother to call them, I can provide it through private message. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.