Community Forum

Unable to cancel before my rate is jacked up, since Comcast has no CS reps available on Sundays

Frequent Visitor

Unable to cancel before my rate is jacked up, since Comcast has no CS reps available on Sundays

I am trying to get out of my TV service, because the rate will go up on Monday December 10th. Customer Service has informed me that no one is in the office on Sundays, and the new rate goes into effect on Monday.

If I can't cancel 'til Monday, I am not sure if they will just charge me for a day of service, or for the whole new month with the new rate.

To complicate things, they did link me to a form where I could submit a service cancellation request, however, once I submitted it, I noticed that is said even though they won't call to confirm for two days, the cancellation goes into effect as of the date of the form's submission. I'm now worried that I'm going to be hit with the $250 fee for breaking my contract early. Alternately, since it didn't let me specify if I wanted to cancel just TV or everything, I'm worried all service will be cut, and i'll lose my internet and phone and everything (I did specify in the note that I only wanted TV cut).

I would not be worried about any of these possibilites if it were not Comcast Xfinity. Of course they could provide a simple way to cancel like every other service on earth these days, but they don't. I know they take every opportunity to gauge you, which is why I'm worried one of these possibilities will happen. Maybe someone can put my fears to rest.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to cancel before my rate is jacked up, since Comcast has no CS reps available on Sundays

Now the next CS rep has told me the link I submitted the cancellation request through is not a valid way to cancel service anyway, so I shouldn't be worried. I guess that's a relief, but would be really p.o.'d if I actually had wanted it to go through. 

Official Employee

Re: Unable to cancel before my rate is jacked up, since Comcast has no CS reps available on Sundays

Hi, sealrock. Thanks for posting. Technical support is open 24/7. Here on social media, we are also 24/7 and we handle all lines of business. Although we are sad to hear your intent is to cancel TV service, I am more than happy to assist you with all of your needs right here. Please send me a private message with your name and we will continue from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Good morning, sealrock. I didn't end up hearing back from you about this. I imagine you may have already received support with it. I will be completing this interaction due to the amount of time that has passed and if you end up needing further support with it, please create a new post. Thank you! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!