Community Forum

Unable to activate service & unable to reach customer support for a week

Highlighted
New Poster

Unable to activate service & unable to reach customer support for a week

Hi, I ordered Xfinity internet service 10 days ago and my account is still "setting up".  I've tried multiple times a day to reach a service person.  No one ever answers the chat application.  The phone support web page either hangs or returns an error.

What's the deal?  How do I get my account fixed?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to activate service & unable to reach customer support for a week

I'm right there with ya man.  These people are ridiculous.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Dustan wrote:

Hi, I ordered Xfinity internet service 10 days ago and my account is still "setting up".  I've tried multiple times a day to reach a service person.  No one ever answers the chat application.  The phone support web page either hangs or returns an error.

What's the deal?  How do I get my account fixed?

Thanks for coming to the Xfinity Forums for assistance, @Dustan. We apologize for the delays and appreciate your patience while waiting for help. I'd be happy to check your account to determine the status of your order.

@jasonpeters152, I'd be happy to help you also.

Just send me a private message with your first and last names as they appear on your account. To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click "send a message."

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastChe, I appreciate the reach out, but when I click your name I am taking to your about page, but there is no option to message you.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@jasonpeters152 wrote:

@ComcastChe, I appreciate the reach out, but when I click your name I am taking to your about page, but there is no option to message you.

Thanks for letting me know, @jasonpeters152. You should see a blue envelope or blue button on the top right corner that says "Send Message". 

1. What type of device are you using?
  2. What browser?
  3. Can you try clearing your cache and cookies and let me know if there is a difference?  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm using a computer.  Using Chrome, cleared cache and cookies.  Also tryied IE, still nothing.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastChe It finally worked, I sent you a PM

Highlighted
Official Employee

@jasonpeters152 wrote:

@ComcastChe It finally worked, I sent you a PM

That's great news! Thanks for the update. I'm happy you were able to get up and running. Sorry, I didn't see your messages until now, I just got in the office. Can you share what did you do on your end to get activated in the event others run into this issue? 

Highlighted
New Poster

@ComcastChe I am having the same issue. Used Google Chrome and Edge cleared cookies and cache. Also can't get into the Xfinity app.... it was been MONTHS. My router has also been reset and is not a linksys.

There is also no option anywhere to send you a message.